Yields approx. 24 large marshmallows
- 85ml (1/3 cup) brewed Coffee Cherry tea
- 18g (2 Tbsp) gelatin
- 296g (1 1/3 cup) sugar
- 183g (2/3 cup) corn syrup
- 2g (1 tsp) salt
- 100ml (2/3 cup) additional brewed Coffee Cherry tea
- 12g (1 Tbsp + 1 tsp) Coffee Cherry Flour
- 30g (1/4 cup) powdered sugar
- 30g (1/4 cup) cornstarch
- Place the gelatin into the bowl of a stand mixer along with 1/2 cup of the brewed Coffee Cherry tea. Set aside.
- In a small saucepan combine the remaining Coffee Cherry tea, granulated sugar, corn syrup and salt. Place over medium high heat and bring to a boil. Use a candy thermometer and continue to cook until the mixture reaches 240 degrees F. Once the mixture reaches 240, remove from the heat.
- Add the Coffee Flour powder to the gelatin mixture. Using a whisk attachment, turn the mixer on med-low speed and, while running, slowly pour the sugar syrup down the side of the bowl into the gelatin mixture. Once you have added the syrup, increase the speed to high. Continue to whip until the mixture becomes very thick and is lukewarm to the touch.
While the mixture is whipping prepare the pans: Combine the powdered sugar and cornstarch in a small bowl. Lightly spray a 13 by 9-inch metal baking pan with nonstick cooking spray. Add the sugar and cornstarch mixture and move around to completely coat the bottom and sides of the pan. Return the remaining mixture to the bowl for later use.
- Pour the whipped marshmallow into the prepared pan, using a lightly oiled spatula for spreading. Dust the top with enough of the remaining sugar and cornstarch mixture to lightly cover. Allow the marshmallows to sit uncovered for at least 4 hours and up to overnight.
- Cut into desired shapes, dusting exposed sides with cornstarch mixture.